Saturday, April 21, 2012

Famous Coleslaw


I sometimes dream of coleslaw.  There are certain resturaunt recipes that make you crave them.  KFC Coleslaw does that to me.  It is one of four recipes that does that to me (P.F. Chang’s lettuce wraps, Girl Scout Samoas, and Olive Garden salad are the other three) .  Summertime is a perfect time for coleslaw, and since it is just around the corner, there are plenty of warm days for a picnic.   I know I am not the only person who loves KFC Coleslaw.  So here is a delicious coleslaw recipe, that almost rivals, if it does not surpass KFC’s coleslaw.  Enjoy!

½ cup Mayo

1/3 cup Sugar

¼ cup Milk

¼  cup Buttermilk

2 tbsp Lemon juice

2 tbsp Vinegar

Dash of Salt and pepper

8 cups finely shredded Cabbage

¼ cup diced Carrot

2-1/2 tbsp minced Onion

Cut cabbage, carrot and onion into tiny pieces, and mix together.  Mix rest of ingredients in bowl with whisk, then add to cabbage mix.  Mix well and refrigerate overnight.  So yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you thank you thank you for this recipe. I just made it with the computer up as my cook book, and it took about five minutes. It already tasted kfc delicious, I can't imagine how good it will be in an hour or so when my guests arrive. P.S. I used a bag of coleslaw mix, and chopped it fine to save time.

    ReplyDelete