Saturday, March 25, 2017

Coming Back to the Blog

I haven't been very active on my blog, and I have decided to get back into it.  In life, I'm trying to learn and take in as much as I can, and also put out positivity for others.  I took a couple outfit pictures this week to show that you can have fun with fashion for cheap.  I have also begun filming vegetarian cooking how to videos on my Youtube channel, which I will link.  I clearly have much to learn about editing, but here is the link if you are interested.  I imagine it will only get better, and hope it is helpful to others.

https://www.youtube.com/user/littlepinkdresslinda

The name of this first ensemble is "Purple and Pearls"....

The story behind this outfit is very cheap.  The skirt was purchased in the clearance section at JCPenney for less than $10, the shoes were on clearance at Target for $6, and the shirt was purchased at a used clothing store for $2, so it may be from the 90's, but it is originally from Express.  The pearls were from Avon back in the day.  The whole ensemble was less than $25, but it made me feel like 1 million dollars.

It was a big day of business at work, so I wanted to look the part.   I had to give an address in front of a room full of University Faculty.  No matter how many times I do it, it never gets easier.  My heart beats to where I can feel it in my chest.  I don't know if it is social anxiety, or if it is normal.  Do any of you suffer from this physical symptom?  The day was a blur of activity, and I was so happy to return home and make a meal for my family.

I think I will name Outfit #2 Wild Side...

The dress and shoes were purchased on clearance from Target for less than $10 each, the cardigan was purchased at a used clothing store for $3, and the necklace was my grandmother's, and I inherited it when she died.  This is another outfit that cost less than $25.  I know it is wild to mix patterns, but I thought these two worked together, and the neutral shoes toned it down.  I hope you all enjoyed my outfits, and I would love to see some that you have pulled together in the comments.

1 comment: