Saturday, March 25, 2017

An Unfortunate Accident

A fun night of games with the family could have been tragic if not for the observant peepers of my family.  A while back, we were playing games around the coffee table.  Behind me, on the fireplace mantle, was a candle.  We were laughing and playing, and I got a bit naughty and tried to cheat.  When I was caught, I laughed and leaned back, and my long hair got close to the flame.  When I sat back up, my family looked at me shocked and said, "Your hair!!"  I quickly patted the flame with my hands to deprive it of oxygen and was able to get it out.  Sadly, though, I lost my long locks.  It definitely could have been worse, and I am so grateful it wasn't.  I am bummed I wasn't able to donate them to people in need though.  In the future, I will be much more careful around candles, and I hope you are too.


No comments:

Post a Comment