Monday, August 13, 2012

Beautiful Blue Margaritas


A couple days ago, my friend from middle school came to our home town (about 20 miles away from me), and she graciously invited me to dinner at her mom’s house.  When I asked what I could bring, she said, “Just a bottle of wine.”  Well, on my counter I had a fairly cheap, yet delicious bottle of wine, but in my freezer I had the fixings for margaritas.  I texted her back, would you rather I bring wine, or my famous margaritas.  I don’t have to tell you what she said.  Anyways, we had such a blast, and we helped her mom get ready for a garage sale she was having in the morning.  At one point, we decided to sneak off and walk a few blocks to the nearest park with a swingset.  We swang and chatted, and the weather was marvelous at night.  Anyways, at one point, she asked if I had the recipe memorized, and I said yes I do.  Here is the recipe if you ever want to taste some delicious frozen summertime margaritas yourself. 

½ cup each silver tequila (get 100% agave), blue caraco, and sprite, 1/3 cup limeade concentrate, 2 cups ice.  Put in blender and blend.

I have made nonalcoholic ones for my kids.  Here is the recipe: 1 cup sprite, ½ cup limeade concentrate 1 cup ice.

I usually salt the rim, because my husband likes it, but I have used blue colored sugar or even mixed the two with a beautiful effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment