Sunday, August 7, 2011

Late Night Tooth Fairy...

A special, once in a lifetime moment happened in my son's life today.  He lost his first tooth.  He was so brave, proud, and excited.  I found a little container with a lid to keep the tooth safe until evening.  However, after taking it out to examine it, he lost it at least two times.  It was found on both occasions.  So, after many cups of coffee throughout the day, I played tooth fairy tonight at 11:30 pm.  Had he spent the night in his own room, rather than his sister's room, it would have been much less difficult.  At 11pm I went in, and his sister was still awake.  She knows the tooth fairy is a farce already, so I could have done it then, but sometimes I like to think she might still semi-believe.   The next time I checked (carrying a load of her clean laundry to put away as a cover story), she was out.  In my pocket was a tiny vial of blue glitter dust and a $1 bill.  He was on the top bunk of her bunk bed, so I had to reach up, and find the tiny container with the tooth in it.  After much searching, it was found, and the tooth was extracted.  Replacing the tooth was the bill and money.  Then I put it back under the pillow and took off.  It was such a rush, like playing dong and ditch when I was a child.  Hopefully I can get all this glitter dust off my hands by the time he sees me in the morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment